What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are replacement roots that are surgically fixed to your jaw bone. Artificial teeth are then connected to the implant to replace missing teeth. Implants look and feel like your natural teeth and require the same oral hygiene. The artificial roots fuse with your bone, and therefore become permanent fixtures. Our clinic does not perform dental implant procedures, but our dentists can examine the solidity and functionality of your dental implants during your check-up.
Why Choose a Dental Implant?
There are several reasons why a dental implant is recommended.
- Implants will last many years when proper care is applied. Since they feel like your natural teeth, they will be easy to brush and floss, eliminating the inconvenience of removable bridges.
- Because they are permanent and fixed, you do not have to worry about dentures slipping out of place and impairing your speech, or making it difficult to eat.
- Implants will prevent premature bone shrinking and gum tissue thinning in the area of the missing tooth.
- Dental implants will remain free of decay and will never require a root canal treatment.
- The appearance of dental implants is so natural that it will be very difficult for people to notice that they grace your smile.