Comprehensive Examinations for New and Existing Patients
If you are new to our clinic, a first dental examination may take up to two hours before we can create a personalized dental treatment plan for you. Our comprehensive exam includes:
- Examining the inside of your mouth, cheeks and teeth, as well as your jaw, neck and head
- X-rays to detect internal conditions, such as nerve damage, fissures, and abscesses
- Oral cancer screening
- Gum and bone disease evaluation
- Malocclusion disorders such as crossbite, underbite and overbite
- Presence of xerostomia (dry mouth)
- Presence of halitosis (bad breath)
- General medical conditions that may be linked to your oral health
- Examining your temporomandibular joints (TMJ)
If you are an existing patient, our examination protocol verifies that there are no minor or significant changes to your overall dental condition since your last check-up. Various tests may be performed to assess your current oral health.
Make your yearly dental examination part of your general health routine. Call today for an appointment.