3D Dental Imaging For Better Diagnosis
Centre Dentaire Pierrefonds is excited to offer new 3D scanning services to patients in the West Island of Montreal. Leveraging the cutting-edge technology of 3D Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT), we are able to virtually map out a patient’s dental region in order to plan out numerous advanced procedures in advance.
Our staff is extensively trained in the operation of this new equipment. We use it to provide patients with an enhanced level of oral assessment for everything from dental restorations and implants to evaluating bone density and detecting cracked teeth. With these capabilities at our disposal, we now offer a wider range of treatments and procedures, ensuring our clients receive the best in oral health care and cosmetic dental procedures in Montreal.
What is 3D Radiology Used for?
3D dental imaging, also called CBCT scan, has countless exciting applications in dental practice, both as a tool for diagnosis as well as planning advanced surgical procedures. 3D imaging gives dental practitioners as accurate an image of the patient’s oral area as is possible. Using this incredible level of detail, we are able to get very specific information about each patient’s unique dental characteristics, including any potentially undiagnosed issues. This helps us to better treat our patients’ needs with solutions carefully chosen based on our findings.
Here are some of the uses for 3D radiology:
6 Benefits of 3D Dental Imaging
3D Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT Scan) represents a significant step forward for dental practices in terms of imaging technology. Offering far higher quality of imaging, this technology provides immense benefits for dental practitioners and their clients. Here are 7 key benefits of 3D dental imaging technology:
- 3D imaging offers dentists and oral surgeons more accurate, detailed information to ensure better diagnosis of oral health issues.
- Our equipment produces highly accurate images with contrasted details, making it easier and faster for oral practitioners to analyze patients’ dental issues.
- This accuracy also makes it easier for us to help patients understand important procedures or issues they may be experiencing.
- Imaging technology makes dental scanning a faster, easier process which can take as little as 3 seconds. This is far better for younger patients, who might be intimidated by older equipment that required them to sit still for longer.
- Our equipment is highly adaptable to patients of all ages/sizes and accessibility requirements.
- This type of imaging is safe and produces less radiation than the equipment found in hospitals.
At Centre Dentaire Pierrefonds, we are always looking for new, cutting-edge solutions and equipment to expand the services offered to our patients. With the addition of CBCT dental scans to our practice, we ensure our clients receive only the best in diagnostic and surgical practices.
Our team of trained and experienced dental professionals can help you improve your smile with simple and proven cosmetic dentistry procedures. Get in touch to request an appointment. If you wish to learn more about 3D dental imaging and how we use it in our practice, please feel free to contact us online.